Sunday, January 29, 2012

$12 for Lettuce??

So I went out to dinner for the first time since starting this program. I took the kids and their dad tagged along to help with the chaos that would ensue!
Actually the kids did really well, the only 'freak out' was as we were leaving and Owen didn't want to be wiped clean. I call that success!

Anyways, we went to East Side Mario's where I ordered their Garden Chicken Salad minus the croutons and with the vinaigrette on the side.

This photo looks so much better than what I was served. I got a plate full of iceberg lettuce, 3 cherry tomatoes, 3 olives, 2 spicy peppers and what I think was 1/4 of a grilled chicken breast.
Needless to say I was quite disappointed. You know how salads ALWAYS taste better when someone else makes them, especially at a restaurant.... nope, the salads I have been making at home would put this one to shame! I hate that I spent $12 on a plate full of lettuce. I definitely won't be going back to East Side again in the near future!

Oh, and when the kids meal of Alfredo pasta and french fries came out and they brought out the all you can eat bread sticks I had to literally make a conscious effort not to just mindlessly pop a few in my mouth. It was a feat of strength I tell you! Though, if I'm being perfectly honest I did take a small nibble of the end of the breadstick just to satisfy the craving so I wouldn't eat the whole thing when no one was looking! I figure, lose the battle win the war right!

I've been feeling good, a little tired of salads and beans but I am finding new ways to eat the foods I need to.
Again, at church it was hard to drink as much as I should during those 3 hours and eat at the times I need to. But I think I will figure that out too as I get more used to this way of life.

Honestly I just love that I'm losing weight. I feel full all. the. time. and once I can get my life back into the swing of things and get back into the gym I know that my results are going to be phenomenal!  I can not wait to be healthy and thin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment