Thursday, January 19, 2012

and so it begins...

Before I got pregnant with baby #2 I wanted to go on a cruise. I made a deal with my husband that if I lost 40 lbs we could go. I came within 2-3 pounds of losing the full 40 lbs and even though I didn't 'make it' I had worked hard and so we went and had the time of our lives- resulting in baby #2!

After Owen was born my plan was to get right back to the gym at my 6 week mark, however, because my pelvis wasn't fully healed (I had fallen down the stairs at 7 months pregnant and busted my pelvic bone) and my three year old daughter, Melia, who has Rett Syndrome, was needing more medical attention (3 EEGs and an MRI within the first two months of Owens life) working out got pushed to the back burner.

Then, my husband left me. That, along with my three month old baby, special needs daughter and post pardum depression, made going to the gym- or even down to the treadmill in my basement- so low on my list of priorities that it just didn't happen.

Now that my baby boy is one year old and my daughter is in preschool 5 days a week, I decided it is time to take back my life and my health! I am sick of feeling like the skinny girl trapped in a fat body. I know I can lose weight, I've done it before. Though, I also had the freedom to leave at night to aqua-size or head out for a walk/jog when the kids went to bed. I don't have that luxury anymore.

 I can usually only workout between 9-11 am at the gym while Melia is in school, as long as Owen isn't sick and I can take him to the daycare. Or, I have to do it at home while they nap or after bedtime, and lets be honest, after they go to bed I am SO tired that I usually just want to veg out in front of the TV all night. Of course, that is how I got to where I am and so that needs to change.

Yesterday I went to my chiropractor, Chris Morgan, who is also a certified First Linem am handing over the reigns, tell me what to do, what to eat, when to exercise etc. and I will do it.

After being weighed (the scale at the office is about 8 lbs heavier than mine at home btw), testing my BIA, and a much needed adjustment, I went home with some Metagenics Ultra Meal powder and bars and a stack of information about my new lifestyle.
My first BIA Results

Today was my first day and lets just say I haven't been hungry once. In fact, I am finding it hard to actually eat everything I am supposed to eat today.

This was my plan for the day:

7:30 wake up - 10 oz of water
8:00 MorningMeal - 3/4 cup Oatmeal with vanilla extract, 1 medium apple & 10 oz of water
10:00 Snack - 1 Ultra Meal Shake made with 10 oz of water
12:00 Lunch - 3/4 cup canned tuna with 3 tsp mayo, salad using unlimited category 1 veggies & 15 oz of water
2:30 snack - Chocolate Ultra Meal bar & 10 oz of water
5:00 Dinner - 2 whole eggs with salsa and 1/2 cup black beans, salad with unlimited category 1 veggies, 12 baby carrots and 2 Tbsp sesame seeds, & 15 oz of water
8:00 snack - 1 medium apple & 10 oz of water

I missed my apple this morning and didn't have room for the salad at lunch but otherwise I have kept to my plan (so far, I am writing this at 4:15 so I haven't attempted dinner yet.)

I also need to walk (briskly) for 30 minutes each day- and I did that while the kids took their naps.

Well, so far the first day has been good. I will try to blog each day about my progress - and failings, because I am sure there will be some- and hopefully you can join me on my journey back to healthy living!

No comments:

Post a Comment