Monday, February 6, 2012

urgh...

Waking up to two sicks (again!) is putting a cramp in my style.

I had planned to take Owen to the gym with me while Melia was in school and get back before my supportive roommate meeting at 11, then shower while Melia's aide was here and Owen napped.

My day has gone more like this...

I wake up to a little girl with a horrible hacking cough and green stuff pouring out her nose.
Followed by crying, whining kids who just want to be held and yet don't at the same time. I am still in my pjs at 3 in the afternoon- and those pjs are covered in all sorts of fun stuff from my children- boogers, food, drool...
I didn't get to the gym,obviously I can't take my sick kids to the daycare. Owen fell asleep a little before 11 and Melia conked out within the first half hour her aide was here and I was in my meeting (yes, in my pjs) from 11-1. When they left I was going to go on the treadmill and then possibly shower but noooooo Owen decides to wake up. Then Melia wakes up around 2.

So here I am at 3pm, wondering how in the world I am going to be able to get on the treadmill- or even eat what I need to since my kids won't leave me alone (in case you are wondering how I am writing this, I have strapped both kids into their respective high chairs with zippy cups full of chocolate milk- and yes I understand this will probably make their phlem worse but I am willing to risk that for a few minutes of unattached sanity!)
I just ate lunch too- it's definitely been a bad day for this program. I'm trying, I really am. Hopefully a miracle will happen and they will both be healthy tomorrow?!! I can only pray right!

Lets hope I can get on the treadmill after the kids go to bed and that I am not too wiped out at that point to do it.

Well, as the chocolate is emptied from their cups, chaos is starting up again... wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment